Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SCRIPT!

I've figured it out! So after reading the comments from my last entry, I've decided that a battle scene miiight be a bit too ambitious.

I'm still doing a 'finals' theme, but it's going to be on a more specific dilemma. More specifically, Maya dying. We are all too familiar with this. I've decided to take our experiences and apply it to the five stages of grief... Comically, of course. I was thinking the title could be something like... "The Death of Maya." Along with that title I want to make a parody illustration of The Death of Marat but in place of Marat's head, it will be a computer screen.

Anyhow, here is the script! As with anyone familiar with the five stages of grief, I'm sure you know what to expect. That's exactly why I chose this subject. Most people are familiar with the concept of grief. ESPECIALLY that of a computer program that decides to shut off without having been saved. My only concern is that... I hope this isn't too cheesy...


Speaker

Sound

Action

Mouse clicks, Eye pop,

Character A notices something is wrong. Cut to computer. The hourglass icon has been there for an eternity. Breaking the fourth wall, Character A looks at the viewer in shock.

Title : The Five Stages of Grief

Scoffing

Title: Denial

He scoffs and shakes his head at the computer. It’s no big deal!

SCREAMING! SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER! COMPUTERS BREAKING! PEOPLE GETTING PUNCHED!

Title: Anger

He finally goes berserk! Chairs are thrown! computers are shaken! People are punched!

Hand smack together, mutter (gibberish)

Title: Bargaining

He clasps his hand together and mutters a few words of prayer.

Sobbing

Title: Depression

Poor guy… He is sobbing uncontrollably. He is possible shaking someone.

???

Title: Acceptance

???



I've left the last row blank because I'm still toying with different ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment