Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Youtube Upload and the Aftermath...

This project has really gotten me acquainted with Flash again. I have used the program before in the past but it has been so long that I forgot pretty much everything about it. Almost. OK, that might be a bit if an exaggeration but I am quite unfamiliar with it.

I mostly used keyframes because I really just don't like the look of motion tween. The character also had lots of fast movements that allowed me to include in-betweens that had exaggerated motion blur. Tom (the character) was actually all separated into cut out pieces because he was originally supposed to be motion tweened. Since that plan went down the toilet and I ended up keyframing everything, one layer for the character could probably have sufficed. But nevermind...

Overall the style and direction I went with regarding the clip was rather simplistic in choice because of several reasons. Either, I'm pretty happy with what I came up with. I will definitely be using Flash more in the future. I absolutely love how efficient it is.

12 comments:

  1. ok, so your inbetweening is extremely amusing, especially when blogger rips it to shreds! XD

    but its so true. you could have put in "maya crash" instead of "blue screen of death" and it would have it SO close to home! Great premise, great execution. a simple and effective design. kudos and thanks for the great little piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks SO great. The sound is really adding to your animation. The skewed in betweens are awesome. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your project! It is really funny. The simple character design and animation worked really well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the in-betweens, it made it look very smooth and squishy which was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breaking computers is REALLY fun if you catch them on fire first. :}

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha we've all been there.. great concept... applying the five stages of grief to having your computer crash is a great idea hahaha....*sigh*.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're evil. And a big, dumb loserface.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its short and sweet and super funny. I love it! It also animates really well; I love the stretchy tweens. Also, I've been meaning to say this all quarter but you have some real awesome character designs. It's simple but you can tell you put a lot of thought into him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was hilarious, and the inbetweens are great! I like that you didn't use any dialogue, just him grunting and crying. The simple design was awesome and worked really well. Fantastic job, and were you animating from experience? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only wish I could actually get a bat and hit one of these computers at monty when they act up...only in your film, wouldn't want to have to pay for damage for the real thing. lol. Really nice done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought your concept was great. It was simple but really funny. Defiantly easy to relate to. Very enjoyable project!

    ReplyDelete